Feminism, female health and beauty have traditionally been eulogized and symbolized with a well-endowed physique. Through the centuries flat-chested women have resorted to herbal and other means for ‘filling up’ their precious asset _ the bust.
Fast-forward to current century and the technology of breast implants has taken the urban world by storm. However, not all women who desire to change their scrawny upper body have the guts or the money to endure surgery and its associated trauma and side effects.
But there is good news. Flat women fret not! Many natural, reliable and almost-easily-applicable remedies are available at your disposal to materialize your fantasy of the perfect figure. The results won’t be as dramatic and drastic as surgical methods but you will definitely feel an improvement in your physical outlook; and your confidence, as an added benefit. Expect a half to two cup sizes increase at best.
1. Structure of breast tissue
In order to grasp how breast enlargement works, we need to first understand the structure of the breasts. The female breast tissue includes a pair of rounded soft structures overlying the pectoral muscles in the anterior wall of thorax. It comprises of a matrix of fatty tissue interspersed within a network of ducts that terminate into lobules, laced with nerves, blood vessels and lymphatics. A cluster of lobules form a lobe, such that there are 15-20 lobes in one breast.
These lobules are the mammary glands which produce milk under the influence of hormones upon childbirth. All the ducts converge onto the central prominence of the breast on a structure called the nipple, which is surrounded by a circular area of pigmented skin, called areola.
The breasts are maintained in their upright position and shape against the pressure of gravity by the suspensory or Cooper’s ligaments, which suspend the breasts from the collar bone and the deep tissues by branching through the breast tissue up to the overlying deep layers of skin. Without the support of the Cooper’s ligaments, the breasts would sag under their own weight, as happens with age, or after multiple pregnancies, due to weakening of the ligaments.
Breasts have no muscle tissue of their own, but muscles lie under each breast atop the ribs. These chest muscles, if worked out and strengthened, help give a healthy perk to the breasts, making them seem fuller.
- Recommended reading: Best weight loss programs.
Apart from the fibrous, fatty and glandular tissues, the breasts include blood vessels, nerves and lymph nodes.
The size of non-lactating breasts is determined by the amount of fat deposit around the mammary glands. If the fat content is low breast size would be small. During pregnancy and breast feeding breasts feel heavier because of the lactating mammary glands.
2. Shapes and sizes of breasts
The above picture gives a clear idea of different shapes and sizes of breasts. But what defines the perfect shape?
THE PERFECT SHAPE:
Globally, different shapes and sizes of breasts are preferred by woman, and this is partly influenced by what the men of those cultures are attracted to. However, research shows there is a general trend cross-culturally amongst men to fancy medium-sized breasts followed by large and small breasts in that order. Non-sagging, firm breasts are unanimously favored by all men.
Perfect shape and size have come to mean the one where breasts are toned and supple, with nipples pointing outwards and slightly upwards, about 20o from the parallelism of the ground.
According to famous plastic surgeon, Patrick Malluci of the Royal Free and University College London Hospitals, the most appealing breasts are the ones which are slightly smaller above the nipples than below, in the ratio of 45:55, with a public poll backing his hypothesis. He has devised the term ‘beckoning breasts’ for the likes of the Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Kate Middleton, and actress, Scarlett Johansson, who confirm to this ratio, with nipples pointing 20o upwards.
3. Hormones involved in breast development and natural breast enlargement
- Growth hormone
A subtle balance of hormone-interplay is involved in breast development and also during natural breast enlargement.
At puberty, estrogen and growth hormone cause breasts to develop and mature in females. Men have lower estrogen and higher testosterone levels, which suppress the estrogen. Hence, men do not develop prominent breast tissue. For suitable breast development in females, estrogen and testosterone levels should be adequately balanced.
Progesterone is the pregnancy hormone and also very important for breast development, especially for the development of glands.
Prolactin stimulates the mammary glands to produce milk during pregnancy and post-partum.
For causing natural breast enlargement later in life, this would mean, increasing the levels of these hormones to trick the body into thinking it’s in pubertal phase and, thus, allowing breasts to enlarge.
Unfortunately, it is not so simple. Supplementing estrogen too much might cause a pitfall with a halt to breast enlargement instead of the desired results. Drowning your body with external-source estrogens might actually cause the estrogen receptors of breasts to shut down. Plant-source estrogens, called phytoestrogens, are a double-edged sword. Where they may simulate natural body estrogen, they can also act as estrogen antagonists (function opposite to the body’s estrogen). Only those sources of phytoestrogens which are known to enhance production of the body’s own estrogen are recommended but in moderation.
Boosting hormones naturally:
- Growth hormone, which tends to decrease in production after 25 years of age, can be enhanced by taking proper sleep at night, working-out twice or thrice a week, and increasing the intake of the following proteins/amino acids in diet: Glycine, Ornithine, Arginine, and Lysine. These are present in apples and berries.
- Prolactin production is increased by breast massage.
- Progesterone levels can be spiked by eating fresh greens, good fats from nuts and fish, and protein sources like lean meat.
Hence, hormone therapy for breast enlargement is not something to mess with, without prior consultation with your physician or gynecologist.
4. Safe natural breast enlargement methods
A. breast massage
Breast massage is one of the most important methods to supplement breast enlargement. It has the following advantages:
- Tones and firms up the bust by increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the breasts, which enhances passage of estrogen hormone and other nutrients to the breast tissues.
- It stimulates the production of prolactin which in turn boosts cells in the mammary glands and gives the breasts a fuller bigger appearance.
- It activates the lymphatic system and the lymph-flush releases toxins from the breast tissues.
- It helps alleviate Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
- Regular habit of massage helps keep check of any lumps that may arise in the breast tissues.
Basic massage technique for breast enhancement:
- Rub your palms together vigorously to generate some warmth.
- Apply any breast massage oil or cream to the breasts to facilitate the massage and make it more fun and smooth. But even a dry massage can be carried out.
- Cup each breast with its side’s palm of hand.
- Rub the palms on the breast tissue in circular motion with firm but gentle pressure, such that your right palm rotates clockwise (anticlockwise for the observer) and your left palm rotates counterclockwise (clockwise for the observer).
- Continue this circular massage for 5-10 minutes in which time you would complete 200-300 rotations.
- The idea is to move inwards and upwards, and moving the two breasts towards each other. This gives a perk and a lift to the tissues.
- Now rub the palms together again for heat generation and finish the massage routine by cupping each breast from beneath. Bob them up about 6 times in a second. Continue this for 2 minutes.
- The best time for massage is during or after a shower so you don’t have to take out extra time for the therapy. You can even use soap as a lubricant.
- Massage at least twice a day, morning and night, before going to bed, as that is when there is a hormones surge and can help breast enlargement the most.
- Develop a massage method that you find comfortable and relaxing.
- Do not massage breast tissue outwards towards the armpits as it could result in the opposite effect of losing breast fat.
There are specific breast massage techniques being practiced in various cultures which claim to have promising results and are famous worldwide. These are outlined below:
- Reiki massage
- Feng Shui massage
- Chi massage
- Lymphatic massage
- Fat brushing massage
- Breast slapping massage
- Acupuncture massage
1. Reiki massage:
- Reiki is Japanese for spiritual.
- It entails increasing blood circulation to the breasts for better oxygen and nutrient supply, which improves the size and prevents sagging and drooping of the breasts.
- Reiki is similar to the massage technique of rubbing both the breasts simultaneously with palms of hands inwards and upwards about 300 times, taking around 5 minutes, as explained above.
2. Feng shui massage:
- Feng shui is Chinese for wind-water. It’s an ancient Chinese art of placement. Feng shui is about creating harmony with the environment.
- The massage involves channeling natural energy to the breasts, causing them to become healthy, enhanced and perky.
- Make fists of your hands and place one on each breast such that your knuckles rub against the breasts. Run the knuckles in a circular fashion over the breasts, about 20 times.
- Grab each breast and slap it slightly. Alternate between grabbing and slapping. Repeat this about 50 times.
- Make claws of your hands. Hold one breast with both hands and claw from outer edge towards the nipples. Repeat 20 times. Replicate the same exercise for the other breast.
- Cup a breast with one hand from below and massage the top half with the other hand. Do this 20 times. Repeat for the other breast.
- Squeeze both the breasts around 10 to 20 times as a last part of this routine.
3. Chi massage:
- It is a technique where both physical and mental powers are to be combined to achieve breast enlargement.
- Hold each breast in the palm such that nipple is left exposed between the fingers. Rotate the breasts towards the cleavage but with the mental concentration of channelizing all of body’s energy to the breasts. This will direct increased blood circulation to the breasts.
- Repeat this rotation movement of breasts around 180-365 times for each breast.
4. Lymphatic massage:
- It involves massaging the lymph nodes in the direction of lymph flow to allow loosening of blockages, stimulate easy flow of hormones including the breast enlarging hormones like estrogen, and filtering of toxins, viruses, bacteria and other debris.
- Start massaging from the neck to the collar bones to open the lymphatics. Continue with gentle strokes for 6-10 times.
- Next, place your fingers in the arm pit, stretch the armpit area and release. Carry this out for 6-10 times.
- Now hold one breast and move it towards the arm pit, then towards the cleavage, and finally upwards towards the neck.
- Finally run your fingertips from the nipples outwards a few times.
- Repeat the same regime with the other breast.
5. Fat brushing massage:
- This massage is based on the principle that fat can be moved from other areas to the breasts to increase their size.
- In this massage palms and finger tips are made tense and used in a brushing motion from the buttocks and stomach to move fat towards the bottom of breasts, from the arms to the sides of the breasts, and from the back to the side and front of the breasts.
6. Breast slapping massage:
- This technique was devised by a Thai lady who learned it from her grandmother and now has many followers from around the world, since she achieved great results.
- The method involves cupping the lower half of the breast in one hand and slapping the upper half of the breast, the sides of the torso and the stomach for 6 minutes, along with pinching and squeezing of the tissues.
- It does burn and sting but it is known to produce great results if done passionately and consistently.
7. Acupuncture breast massage:
- Acupuncture aims at channeling energy deep into the breast tissues, like many other massage techniques.
- Acupuncture points are located in the breast area and massaged with firm but gentle pressure around 5 times at each point.
- Acupuncture points are demonstrated in the images below:
- 4 acupuncture points, 2 on upper and two on the lower poles of each breast, are identified and massaged.
- Another acupuncture point is in the center of the sternum in line between the two nipples.
B. Massage Oils
Massage oils not only act as lubricants for breast massage but actually prove beneficial in enhancing breast size, if oil massage therapy is instituted consistently.
- Another article to read: Acne guide and how to get rid of it.
It is best to warm the oils before application for increased effectiveness.
You will start noticing positive results in as little as 4 weeks.
The various oils to choose from are listed below. They can be used in combination also. If essential oils are employed, they are used in minute quantities, diluted with carrier oils, since essential oils are very concentrated and usually strong in aroma.
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
- Apricot oil
- Soya bean seeds oil
- Fenugreek seeds oil
- Clove oil
- Olive and fennel oil
- Jojoba oil
- Anise oil
- Germanium essential oil with almond oil
- Lavender and tea-tree essential oils
- Avocado oil
- Sesame seed oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Linseed oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
- Emu oil
Common oil preparations:
- Ylang ylang, germanium and almond oil:
Mix 16 drops ylang ylang oil with 9 drops of germanium oil in 50 ml of almond as carrier oil.
- Apricot oil and wheat germ oil:
Mix equal amounts of both the oils and use for massage.
- Clove oil with ginger extracts:
Mix extracts of ginger with clove oil to use as massage oil.
- Fenugreek seeds oil:
Mix this oil with an egg yolk during massage for more effective results.
- Fennel oil and olive oil:
Mix few drops of fennel oil in 100 ml of olive oil.
- Lavender and tea-tree essential oils:
Mix few drops each of both the essential oils into your body lotion and use for massage.
- Anise oil:
Simmer anise seeds in olive oil and use for massage.
Various nutrients of plant origin with breast enhancement properties are being used to formulate supplements and pills. These supplements are safe but consulting one’s physician is advised before embarking on regular supplements intake.
The popular supplements include the following:
It is one of the most potent breast enlargement herbs with high Diosgenin content, a compound that can be converted to estrogen. It also stimulates Prolactin production.
Dosage: 500 mg capsule 3x a day.
- Fennel Seeds:
Flavonoids in fennel seeds mimic estrogen and also promote estrogen production, necessary for breast enlargement.
Dosage: 480 mg 3x a day.
- Blessed Thistle:
It balances female hormones and increases blood circulation to the breasts. It is contra-indicated in pregnancy, and stomach acidity and ulcer.
Dosage: 2, 390 mg caps 3x a day
- Pueraria Mirifica:
This herb is known to have the highest estrogenic activity amongst all the herbs as its structure is very similar to human estrogen.
Dosage: maximum 1000mg per day.
- Saw Palmetto:
This is another famous herb for breast enlargement.
Dosage: 500 mg per day for the first week. Increase by 500mg every week. The maximum dosage you can go up to is 2500 per day.
- Dandelion Root:
Dandelion root promotes excretion and cleansing of toxins from the body and from the estrogen receptors in breasts, enhancing breast cell growth and enhancement.
Dosage: 500mg cap per day.
- Wild Yam:
It contains diosgenin which can be converted to progesterone. It balances estrogen levels in the body. It promotes breast fullness and tissue growth.
Dosage: 500mg capsule 3x per day.
- Dong Quai:
It regulates breast hormones and promotes progesterone production.
Dosage: 250-2000 mg per day.
- Bovine Ovary:
It’s a cow source glandular substance instituted on the basis that supplementing the body with glandular tissue from a certain animal enhances the corresponding gland’s function in the human body.
Dosage: 250mg cap 2-3 times a day.
Mother’s wort, Hop’s flower, Damiana leaf, Oat grass, Kava and Red clover are also used in the form of pills and teas for natural breast enlargement.
D. Breast massage creams
Breast massage creams are made by mixing together various well known breast enlarging supplements. Some breast massage DIY (do-it-yourself) cream formulations are outlined below:
- 2 tbsp. body lotion (odourless preferable)
- 3 tbsp. fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp. each of fennel seeds, caraway seeds, anise and liquorice
- Add all the ingredients, except body lotion, to 2 cups of simmering water
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain the liquid.
- Once, cooled, store in a clean container.
- For massage, mix 1 tbsp. of this liquid with a generous amount of body lotion (about 2 tbsp.) and you are ready to roll.
Saw Palmetto and Pueraria Mirifica Cream
- 1.5 tsp. Saw palmetto
- 1 tsp Pueraria mirifica powder
- Fenugreek extract 1 drop
- 4 ounces Vitamin E oil
- 4 tbsp. Cocoa butter
- Add cocoa butter to Vitamin E oil and let mix over medium heat.
- Now add Saw palmetto, Pueraria mirifica and fenugreek extract, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the ingredients are all combined well.
- Cool the creamy mix and store it in a clean jar.
Honey and Olive Oil
- Raw honey can be directly applied to the breasts for massage.
- You can mix honey in olive oil and use it as a massage cream.
- Mix onion juice with honey and turmeric and use it for breast massage
- Onion is known to cause breast enhancement.
Red Lentils Paste
- Make a fine paste of red lentils in a little water.
- Use it for breast massage.
- Alternatively, you can apply and leave it on breasts for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- It is a trademark product with a plant extract called saraspogenin combined with hydrogenated polyisobutane. It has a two-way action: Saraspogenin activates adipocytes (fat cells) in breasts to divide and grow. Secondly, saraspogenin with poly isobutene enhances fat storage in breasts.
- Volufiline does not affect hormones so it is recommended for natural breast enlargement for those who are skeptical about messing with natural hormone levels.
A healthy diet is essential for achieving any kind of growth enhancement. Same goes for breast growth. The following are power foods, which, apart from maintaining general body health, augment other breast enlargement methods:
- Dairy Products:
These are high in estrogen, progesterone and prolactin hormones.
- Leafy Greens:
Vegetables like broccoli, kale, alfalfa and spinach are high in antioxidants and reduce the production of testosterone in women, hence, balance out estrogen, promoting a healthy and plump bust.
- Sea Food:
Prawns, oysters, fish like shell fish and salmon, kelp, mussels, etc. are high in manganese content. Manganese promotes breast tissue growth by enhancing the sex hormones.
Eggs, nuts, lean meat and whey protein should be included in the diet for natural breast enlargement methods to work successfully.
- Soy Products:
Soy which was being considered a power food until some time back has now been researched to have some harmful effects like inhibiting the body’s ability to absorb, magnesium, calcium, zinc, copper, and iron; increasing the body’s demand for some vitamins like B12 and Vit. D.
Soy is known to assist in breast enlargement, but should be used cautiously, and only in fermented state, where many harmful nutrients are fermented out. Tempeh and miso is a good fermented source of soy.
These are high in phytoestrogens.
While vitamins are necessary for general health, sources rich in vitamins A, C and E are extremely essential while on breast enlargement regime.
F. Exercises for breast enlargement
Breast enlargement exercises target the pectoral muscles of the chest wall and other muscles surrounding the breasts to strengthen them and achieve firmer and perkier breasts which give a fuller appearance.
For best results spend at least 5-10 minutes twice a day on these exercises or incorporate them in your full body exercise routine.
The top breast enhancement exercises are elucidated below:
- Push ups
- Wall push ups
- Chest Press
- Dumb bell flyes
- Chest dips
1. Push ups
It is one of the most common yet difficult of the chest muscle exercises.
- Lie down on your on your stomach.
- Raise your body up such that your body is supported at the cephalic (head) end by your palms, with arms slightly more than shoulder width apart, on either side of your head, and by your toes at the caudal (tail) end , with legs close together.
- Lower your body down by bending the elbows. Then push yourself up.
- Do 10 push-ups. Then take a minute’s break.
- If you find it too taxing in the beginning, being supported just by your toes, you can start by keeping your lower body in a kneeling position.
2. Wall Pushups
- Stand facing a wall about 2 feet away from the wall.
- Extend your arms to the wall at sholder level.
- Now press your body towards the wall by bending your elbows and raising your heels.
- Keep your back straight.
- Stay put for 5 seconds.
- Return to the intital position.
- Do 10 repeats.
- With practice, you can work up to 20 reps.
3. Chest press/dumb bell press
- Hold one dumb bell in each hand. You can start with 1 to 2 kg dumb bells in the beginning and later after much practice, you can increase the weight.
- Lie face-side up on a bench. You can also use an inclined table. Alternatively, you can lie on the floor.
- Bend your knees to 90o with soles touching the floor.
- Raise your arms to full length such that your fists, facing forwards, are parallel to each other.
- Stay put for 5 seconds.
- Now lower your arms by bending at the elbows, fists still facing forwards, and the dumb bells in line with each other.
- Repeat 5 times
- Do not attempt to straighten your arms rigid when raising the arms with dumb bells. This will put strain on the chest which is not desired.
4. Dumb bell flyes
- You can either lie on an exercise bench or on the floor. You can use an inclined surface as well.
- Similar to chest press.
- The only difference is after raising the arms above the head and staying put for 5 seconds, the arms are opened straight outwards, such that the dumb bells become vertical in position in the fists on either side.
- Do not attempt to keep the arms straightened at all times as it can strain the chest.
5. Chest Dips
- You will need a bench or a chair.
- Facing away from the bench, hold the edge of the bench or chair with your hands stretched vertically, and embrace a squat position.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows.
- Hold the lower squat position for 5 seconds. Then come up again.
- Do 10 repeats as a beginner and work up to 20.
The practice of yoga is famous for relieving stress and anxiety, flushing out toxins and negative energies, and to help find inner peace. At the same time, yoga subjects the body to physical strain which helps to gain or lose weight, and tone the muscles and overall body tissues. Yoga also plays an effective role in natural breast enlargement when certain poses are performed regularly. Results start showing in as little as 2 weeks.
These yoga positions are listed below and explained in turn:
1. Ustrasana (camel pose)
- This technique targets the stomach, lower part of breasts and the pectoral muscles of chest.
- Position yourself on the yoga mat with knees hip width apart. Kneel down such that the thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Next, place your hands on the buttocks such that they support the lower back too. Turn the thighs slightly inwards.
- Slowly bend backwards.
- Once bent, position the palms of hands on the heels of your feet, with fingers pointing towards the toes, such that the shoulder blades are stretched.
- Do NOT bunch together the shoulders as that can put strain on your neck.
- Engage your core.
- Stay in this position up to 10 counts.
- Now gently return to the beginning position by supporting your lower back with your hands.
- Perform this pose for 10 times for bust enhancement.
2. Bhujangasana (cobra pose)
- This asana (position) involves lying face down on your yoga mat, feet flat on the floor, toes pointing backwards.
- Now place your palms on the floor in front of you, shoulder width distance apart, and raise your upper body and spine backwards,
- Make a smooth arc and not an L by stretching too far back.
- Keep your elbows slightly flexed for comfort.
- Shoulders should not bunch.
- Do not pull the buttocks and thighs up off the floor.
- There is no need to stretch back the neck and head.
- Continue gazing forwards during the pose.
- Stay in this position for a count of 5.
- Now return to starting position by gently lowering back the raised body to the ground.
- Repeat this for 5 times.
3. Gowmukhasana (cow face pose)
- This asana works on many muscles including thighs, knees, and ankles, fore arms, arms and chest muscles.
- In this asana settle down on your yoga mat. Cross the knees atop one another, with toes facing sideways, making a lotus pose.
- Raise one arm straight up in the air and then bend it at the elbow to gently swing it behind the shoulder.
- Drop the other arm down to the side. Then bend it at the elbow and swing it behind the back such that it grasps the fingers of the first arm.
- As a beginner, this pose can prove difficult.
- Due to shoulder locking, some may not be able to connect the fingers of the two hands together behind the back. In this case, practicing will get you to your target in a couple of days.
- Also, some may find it tough to settle on their ankles against the floor. In this case, you can use a blanket for support in the beginning.
This an another way to how to increase the breast size with yoga, follow the steps and mix them with other exercises.
- This asana involves standing or sitting cross legged on the floor.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Raise your hands to chest level and press both the palms together such that fingers are pointing to the ceiling.
- Now imagine there is an object that you have to push between your palms.
- This pressure contracts the chest, fore arm muscles and touts the shoulder blades, thus expanding the chest and allowing for lifting of the bust line.
- Continue to press for 5 -20 seconds.
- Return to normal position by releasing the palms.
- Repeat this asana for 5 times.
- Stand straight.
- Take both arms behind the back, keeping them stretched at the elbows, and lock the fingers of both hands at the level of the hips.
- Now slowly bend down the upper body forwards and simultaneously swing the extended locked arms forward, without straining the muscles.
- Bend the upper body as far as you can go without bending your knees or straining your neck.
- Stay in this pose for 10 seconds.
- Then return to the standing position.
- Repeat this 5 -10 times every day.
6. Dhanurasana (bow pose)
- Lie face down on your yoga mat.
- Take 3 deep breaths.
- Now lift both legs upwards behind your back, bending at the knees, and simultaneously stretch both the arms backwards too, so each hand can hold its respective leg at the ankle.
- Now apply pressure by trying to disengage the ankles while at the same time holding them fast with your hands.
- Stay in this pose for 10 counts.
- Gently return to the laying posture.
- Repeat this 5 times every day.
7. Vrikshasana (tree pose)
- This is a relatively easy pose to perform with benefits of total body stretching and focuses on toning the sides of the bust.
- Stand up straight. Pull out your chest.
- Bend left leg at the knee and place its foot up on the right thigh such that the sole of the foot is flat against the opposite thigh.
- Now raise both arms above the head and press the palms together in a Namaste pose.
- Look straight ahead.
- Balance yourself and stay in this posture for about a minute.
- Then return to normal position, change the leg, and repeat.
- Repeat this asana with each leg 5 times.
5. Non-surgical innovations in breast enlargement
For women who wish to have bigger breasts but do not want to undergo aggressive implant surgery and other artificial methods, there are some cosmetic non-artificial quick-fix technological advancements available now for breast enhancement. In these procedures no artificial substances are being introduced into the breasts. These include:
- Breast augmentation with Autologous Fat Transfer
- Non-surgical breast lift
- Breast pump
- Electric acupuncture
A. Breast augmentation with autologous fat transfer
This procedure is becoming very popular nowadays as a promising method of breast enhancement without implant surgery or any other artificial elements like fillers. The enhancement is not drastic like implants but more natural looking and per session, a half a cup size can be increased. Fat is removed from areas of the body that can easily donate excess fat like buttocks and thighs and is transferred to the breast tissue.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia (LA).
- Doctor marks the areas from which fat tissue is to be removed.
- Then, with the help of a cannula, fat cells are suctioned out of those areas into a special container by minimally invasive liposuction process.
- The fat cells are purified and then injected into the breasts. Stem cells from the patient’s own blood are also added to the fat transfer as they help the fat cells to become part of the breasts, and not be flushed away and excreted by the body.
- Small radial incisions are made on the breasts under LA.
- The fat cells are then injected into breast tissues uniformly in very small amounts.
- The donor site is also contoured with the liposuction process, as a side benefit.
- of fat cells is transferred in one session. However about 150ml only survives and augments the breast.
- Once fat cells are injected, the incisions are sutured (closed by medical stitches).
- Repeat sessions can be performed for more cup size enhancement.
B. Non-surgical breast lift
Breast lifts are performed but with LASER and not surgery.
- Laser energy is deposited into certain sections of the breasts through a cannula, which causes lipolysis (fat dissolving) of fat cells by vaporization, and these cells are then excreted by the body’s waste disposal system.
- Laser energy also causes coagulation of the tissues, causing contouring of the tissues and, hence, lifting the breasts.
- Laser beam also promotes collagen formation which tightens the breast skin in areas left vacant by the removal of fat.
- The result is firmer, softer, perkier breasts.
C. Breast pumps
- Breast pumps are devices which come in the form of cups to be worn on the breasts, with a tool box maintaining vacuum within the cups, providing suction on the breasts. This vacuum creates tension on the breast tissue which expands and results in larger breasts over time.
- The expansion theory suggests that swollen breast tissue invites increased blood flow and circulation to the breasts and eventually the mammary glands are also stimulated to produce more cells.
- Breast pumps should be used consistently for at least 10 months to achieve good results.
- Breast pumps do produce effective results of up to 2 cup size increase but patience and perseverance is the key.
- Some pumps come with pre-set pressure settings, but others have a manual pressure adjusting system. Women tend to go over-board with the pressure to achieve quick results. However that has a damaging effect on the breast tissue. Pressure needs to be optimally adjusted such that it does not hurt or abrade the breasts.
D. Electric acupuncture
- This is a form of therapy whereby fine needles are inserted into the breasts and a very mild current is passed between the needles to stimulate breast collagen and adipose tissue.
- The sessions are offered in packages of 10 or more, with 2 weekly sessions. Once the results are achieved sessions are tapered off to once a week, followed by once every two weeks, once a month and finally none.
- Results promised are one cup size increase, with perked up breasts along with the general benefits of acupuncture therapy including restoring general health and well-being.
6. Maintenance therapy
- To achieve positive and long lasting results for breast enlargement, various therapies including massage, exercise, yoga, diet, supplements and topical creams and oils, should be employed in combination and conforming to the advice of your physician.
- If any of the non-surgical procedures, like augmentation with autologous fat transfer, laser lift or breast pumps are used, they also need maintenance regime every few years.
- Results are at best 2 cup size increase, but they need to be maintained with a healthy diet and lifestyle for an ever-green blooming bust, so you never have to stop exclaiming with pride, what the cup!
I hope you liked this step by step guide for real and natural ways to increase the breast size without risking your health. This guide took weeks to be done, so, we appreciate every share, and we’ll be happy to read your comments.
A dentist by profession. When she isn’t straightening smiles, Huma spends time writing on different healthcare topics. She loves the outdoors, yoga and experimenting with low-cal recipes.